There will be year long projects starting today until the year 2016. It will almost always be traffic everywhere for the next two years. What do you think the government should do? What do you think individuals should do to lessen the congestion of metro manila? Here are a few solutions from around the net we’ve scraped up.
- Daytime Truck ban in the Metro – This will initially be beneficial, however, it will be problematic for small and medium enterprises if there are delays in deliveries.
- Increase Tax on automobiles to lessen buying of new cars. – This will be an effective solution the decreasing the number of new cars being bought everyday. There will be less cars in the future.
- Ban very old cars in the Metro – This will hurt many people especially those that cannot afford new cars. This will also hurt car enthusiasts.
- Higher Road Taxes – Higher Road Taxes will mean less people wanting to drive their own car because of the higher taxes to be paid.
- Enforce the law by lessening street vendors occupying the sidewalk – Some people may say that street vendors are occupying the sidewalk, forcing pedestrians to walk on the road. Enforcing this law will in effect widen the drivable road.
- Enforce jaywalking laws – In connection with the last one, this will lessen people on the roads.
- No Green Plate Day on EDSA – No private vehicles on EDSA on certain times.
There’ve so many solutions that have been ineffective in taming the traffic jam in the Metro. I hope in the future, that we develop a long term solution to the problem.