News yesterday shocked everyone when a bus fell off Skyway. Don Mariano, the bus transit involved, has a track record of accidents involving its bus. The Metro Manila Development authority is now considering the suspension of the whole Don Mariano fleet. However, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board suspended the franchise of Don Mariano.
Don Mariano Bus
This is an unfortunate incident that no one should be involved in. Here are a few tips on avoiding these accidents:
- Avoid Buses that you know overspeed – If you take buses always, then you know that a lot of buses overspeed especially in Commonwealth, East Avenue and some parts of EDSA. Avoid them.
- Most buses involved are usually ordinary buses. Avoid them.
- Use your own vehicle or rent a car – This way, you are more involved in how safe you will be on the road instead of the driver. You cannot of course predict actions of another driver.
- Avoid traveling very early in the morning, if you can help it. Most people don’t have the luxury to not travel early in the morning. The reason behind this is that most drivers speed in the early morning when there are no MMDA officials.
Overspeeding has always been an issue especially with buses involved in accidents. The best way to avoid these accidents is that you don’t avoid them entirely. Avoid overspeeding and avoid traveling in accident-prone areas.
Paul Walker, known for the movie franchise, ‘Fast and Furious’ has died on November 30, 2013 after attending a charity event for Typhoon Haiyan. He died at 3:30 PM Pacific time in the California town of Santa Clarita.
It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend’s car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences. – #TeamPW
After a tragic 7.2 magnitude earthquake that left the province in a lot of ruin, Bohol is getting back on its feet. Bohol’s tourist attractions are ready to be visited once again. Future plans are to create new tourisms areas, and management crises plans.
On a lighter news, here’s a restaurant in Laoag City that’s cheap and affordable:
Saramsam Ylocano Restaurant and Bar
Saramsam Ylocano Restaurant and Bar‘s Bohemian atmosphere is enticing. Prices range from Php200 to Php250 per person.
Address: N. Corpuz Building, Rizal Street corner Hizon St., Barangay 7-A, Laoag City, 2900 Laoag City
Mobile: (+63) 77-7715825.
Rent from Obazee Car Rental Services now! Call +(632) 6565798
Loreland Farm Resort Signage
Located in Antipolo, Loreland has been a great getaway from the busy and workaholic life in the metro.
Loreland is equipped with the following amenties:
- Dining and Convenience Store
- Salon and Spa
- Swimming Pools
- A Chapel
The fact that there’s no additional payments for Events except individual stays make it even more affordable. Food can be brought in from outside unlike many resorts.
We highly recommend Loreland Farm Resort!
The ‘Undas’. One of the bigger holiday of Roman Catholic Filipinos. A time an Exodus of Filipinos return to their hometown to visit their loved ones and stay with family. It is no wonder that traffic is very high in road systems going to the provinces. And as you know traffic, it also makes your gas usage go higher.
Here are some tips to get more from your gas:
- Avoid idling in traffic. If you know, you will be stopping for 30 minutes or so, switch off your engine.
- Adjust air-conditioning when necessary. When it is cool enough, switch it off. It also already very cold in the provinces anyhow.
- Keep of the weight. If you really don’t need it in your car, don’t bring it. A heavier car means more gas usage.
- Don’t forget your gas cap. Fuel will evaporate easily in high temperature weather.
- Check your tires. Make sure they are properly inflated. Check your tire manual for the correct pressure needed